- Material : 6061 T6 Aluminum
- Undercoating : Clear Chromate Coating (all surfaces)
- Finish : DuPont® Matte Black Powder Coat (except bottom)
- Fin Count : 19 including the two end bolsters
- Fin Cross Section : 3.2 mm (1/8″)
- End Bolster Cross Section : 6.0 mm (15/64″)
- Fin Height : 12.3 mm (31/64″)
- Baseplate Thickness : 6.7 mm (17/64″)
Surface area doesn’t tell the whole story! The Cooler KX™ profile – meaning its fin height, fin count, and fin spacing – is optimized for performance in the absence of forced air cooling, where conventional wisdom dictates that there’s a point of diminishing returns such that adding additional fins actually reduces performance, because …
- The resulting fin spacing restricts air circulation between the fins.
- Heat radiated by the fins gets reabsorbed by adjacent fins.
|Cooler KX Lite™||Cooler KX Plus™|
|Dissipation†||11.8 Watts||13.9 Watts|
|Weight||165 g (5.82 oz)||198 g (6.98 oz)|
|Surface Area – Powder Coated‡||258.27 cm² (40.03 inch²)||311.62 cm² (48.30 inch²)|
|Surface Area – Unfinished‡||256.54 cm² (39.76 inch²)||309.87 cm² (48.03 inch²)|
|Depth||3.2 cm (1 1/4″)||3.8 cm (1 1/2″)|
|Height||1.9 cm (3/4″)||1.9 cm (3/4″)|
|Length||17.9 cm (7 1/16″)||17.9 cm (7 1/16″)|
† Theoretical, at 24° C (ambient) assuming a uniform 60° C baseplate temperature.
‡ Estimated (not accounting for smoothed/rounded edges and gullets).
Specifications are subject to change without notice.